The trucker hat is still a relative newcomer in the world of hats.
A trucker cap, at first designed for farmers, truck drivers, and other rural workers would evolve into much more. The back mesh allowed the worker’s heads to breathe in the hot weather and kept them cool. The hat, at first was called a “feed” cap. They were used for promotional giveaways. The original styles of these caps had company logos that were either printed or featured a sewn on patch. Companies such as John Deere or other local stores used these hats for promotional purposes. The trucker hat, very similar to a baseball cap really gained ground in the year 2000. The hat style struck a chord with the youth of America. The hat grew in popularity with the rise of skateboarding and the skateboarding culture. The youth of America with the help of many Hollywood celebrities like Ashton Kutcher, Pharell Williams and Justin Timberlake brought trucker hats to new heights of popularity. Many other celebrities have donned the trucker hat throughout its history.
Trucker hats today are available in so many unique colors and styles. Trucker hats may have started as an early promotional item, but now they feature every design, logo, or message that you can think of. The traditional mesh style stays the same but the styles can change. These hats were popularized early on by the youth and their popularity has continued to grow into 2013. The trucker hat is the most versatile and comfortable hat style available today.
The Future: The trucker hat is still a fairly new hat style. It would not hit its original target the way that it was initially intended but the youth and Hollywood has turned the trucker hat into one of the most popular hat types in the world. Its versatile styling and ability to be printed on has made it a popular hat choice for advertisers, businesses, and the youth of America. With so many styles, colors and designs to choose from the trucker hat will only continue to grow in popularity and be a mainstay here at e4Hats.com. Many people believe that the trucker hat is just a fad and will be gone as quickly as it came but we personally see the trucker hat sticking around for a long time to come.
Caring for your trucker hat is very similar in the way that you would take care of any other baseball hat. Trucker hats are more fragile than other baseball hats and are best washed by hand in your sink with soap and warm water. Towel-dry your hat and stuff the interior of the hat with other towels or something that helps the hat keep its shape. Buying a plastic hat mold can allow you to wash your hat in the dishwasher and helps your hat keep its shape. Simply let your trucker hat air dry for the best results.
Here are some additional common hat care tips:
• Every hat will develop its own personality and style with time. Small marks on the hat are all part of the hats life cycle and only add to its authenticity.
• All hats can be treated with a waterproof spray if necessary
• Some hats might shrink if they are exposed to high heat, or left out exposed to sunlight
• A stiff brim allows your hat to be shape the way that you would like, but some hats feature a flexible brim that allows the hat to be crushed.
• If you do not have a hat form place the hat on a bowl while it dries to keep its form.
• The dishwasher is another viable option for washing a hat but can sometimes fade the colors of the hat,
• Dry cleaning is also a cheap and effective way to keep your hat clean
• If you are completely lost about trucker hat care check the tag to find washing instructions